First of all, I'll probably make vocabulary and grammar mistakes when I write this post, but I'm not afraid of making mistakes.
Honestly, this is the first time I write a post that is entirely using English. Why do I want to write this post in English? I don't know why but maybe you can think I'm learning English right now and I want to immerse myself in English: read English articles, listen to English music, watch English movies, train my brain to Thinking in English, sometimes I talk with myself using English like a crazy man 😆.
Choosing to be an early bird or night owl is up to a person's point of view, this article shares my personal perspective. If you find it not suitable for you, stop here. 😋
I remember a few years ago around 2017-2018, sometimes I went to sleep so late maybe from 2 to 3 am for 3-4 times a week, then the next day I need to wake up at 7:00-7:30 am and went to my company. I'm really retired and sleepy. Although I have a cup of coffee in the afternoon, I can't concentrate on my work because of the reason that I lack sleep. I realized that I need to change my life. So I decided to go to sleep early and get some work to do in the morning early. I chose running in the morning. I'm running 3-4 times a week and registered for the Long Bien Half Marathon. This is the biggest race I joined although I have a 10km race of Run For Self before.
Here is the "Finisher's Certificate" for those who finished the race within a valid time. I think this is also a pretty good achievement for me in terms of both time and ranking. My purpose in participating in this tournament is just for fun and goal fulfillment.
From 2019 to 2020, I had a goal to get a TOEIC Certification then I decided to wake up at 5:30 every workday to do some tests. My target is to get a score of 700 but I only get 605. I felt a little sad because I didn't reach my target.
I think you will ask me something like, “Why did you choose to be an early person?”, “What are the benefits of waking up early?” etc. haha. After a few years of becoming an early bird, I realized some personal benefits which are the following:
- I can do priority work in the morning.
- I can enjoy and breathe fresh air. It's really comfortable.
- I'm sure, waking up early is better for the health than staying up late.
- Early birds have better sleep quality than night owls because they have higher chances of completing all stages of the required sleep cycles.
- Many people choose to stay up late every day after watching movies, surfing social networks to watch dramas, and getting up very late at 10-12 am the next day. It's not me.
- Another very important this is that I can prepare my breakfast. As you know, breakfast is the most important meal in a day. However, a lot of people skip it because they don't have time for their breakfast.
- Of course, I can exercise in the morning. I run in the morning instead of in the evening because the fresh air in the morning makes me feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Stay Stress-free: If you woke up late, you usually hurry up to prepare everything. Sometimes you will forget to bring something such as a motorbike key(it's so popular 😅), laptop charger, glasses, wallet...etc.
- I want to make a good habit and want to become a disciplined person. I learned from the soldiers, they wake up at 5 am every morning.
- For me, morning is the best time to learn English vocabulary, listening skills. I use the Memrise app and web to learn vocab before, but I recently used the MochiMochi app because it applies spaced repetition method. I think it is suitable for me. I can learn and revise my learned words.
I have a goal to get an IETLS certification this year. I have an online class with a Filipino teacher at 5 am the morning 5 times a week. Sometimes it's so boring I know, but habit makes discipline is made up of the simplest habits.
I think there is no such thing as an unbreakable habit, but it is very difficult to break if you maintain it every day.
I really like a sentence in The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It has the content "And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it". Translate English to Vietnamese "Khi bạn khao khát một điều gì đó, cả vũ trụ sẽ hợp lực giúp bạn đạt điều đó."
Written by me, Ha Noi 04/06/2021